We’ve collected published articles, blogs and professional association information from the last ten years.
Let us know if you have any other suggestions!
- Harnett, N. et al. Defining advanced practice in radiation therapy: A feasibility assessment of a new healthcare provider role in Ontario, Canada. Radiography, Volume 25, Issue 3, 241 – 249
- Hayre, C, Atutornu J. Is Image Interpretation a Sustainable Form of Advanced Practice in Medical Imaging? JMIRS. 50(2); 345 – 347
- JMIRS – Conference proceedings from LTWRAP 2018
- Baird, M. Improving the delivery of health care to patients: radiographers and frontline image interpretation. J Med Radiat Sci, 2018, 65(1), 2-4
- Hilder B, VanDam P, Doherty K. Advanced practice radiation therapists: an Australian context. J Med Radiat Sci. 2018: 65(2); 137 – 147
- Rozanec, N., Smith, S., Wells, W., Moyo, E., Zychla, L., & Harnett, N. (2017). Patient satisfaction with the role of a Clinical Specialist Radiation Therapist in palliative care. Journal of Radiotherapy in Practice, 16(3), 226-231
- Vapiwala, N. et al. Advancing Our Practice Through the Advanced Practice Radiation Therapist Model: Catching Up With Canada. International Journal of Radiation Oncology • Biology • Physics, Volume 98, Issue 3, 497 – 500
- Henwood, S. et al. Reflections on the role of consultant radiographers in the UK: The perceived impact on practice and factors that support and hinder the role. Radiography. 2016. 22(1), 44 – 49
- D’Alimonte, L et al. Advancing Practice, Improving Care the Integration of Advanced Practice Radiation Therapy Roles into a Radiotherapy Department: A Single Institution Experience. JMIRS. 48(2), 118 – 121
Booth, L. et al. Reflections on the role of consultant radiographers in the UK: What is a consultant radiographer? Radiography. 2016. 22(1), 38 – 43
- Harris, R and Paterson, A. Exploring the research domain of consultant practice: Perceptions and opinions of consultant radiographers. Radiography. 2016; 22(1): 12-20
- JMIRS e-publication – 29 open-access papers on “Evolving Practice” (2016)
- Smith et al. Conceptualisation of the characteristics of advanced practitioners in the medical radiation professions J Med Radiat Sci, 2015, 62, 204-211
- Harnett, N, Bak, K, Zychla, L, Lockhart, E. A road map for change: Charting the course of the development of a new, advanced role for radiation therapists. J Allied Health 2014; 43: 110– 6
- Topham, C. Advanced Medical Radiation Technologist Practice and the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists: History and Perspective. JMIRS. 2014 , 45(4) , 348 – 351
- Systematic review—role expansion in radiation therapy: From an international perspective to an Australian context. J Med Radiat Sci 2009; 56: 38– 43. , , , .
- Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists: Advanced Practice Framework documents and certification process
- Cancer Care Ontario (Canada): Clinical Specialist Radiation Therapist project
- Society and College of Radiographers (UK): Advanced Practitioners
- Society and College of Radiographers (UK): Consultant Radiographers
- Society of Radiology Physician Extenders (US): About Radiology Physician Extenders
- American Society of Radiological Technologists: Radiologist Assistant
- Australian Society of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy: Advanced Practice credentialing process and working party reports
- Bolderston, A. Advanced Practice Radiation Therapy Roles, Where Is The Evidence? MedRadJClub 2018
- Woznitza, N. Are You an Advanced Practitioner? MedRadJClub 2018
- Snaith, B. Reflections on a Festival of RAP. MedRadJClub. 2016
- Hardy, M. How can we think outside the box when we value colouring within the lines? The Thoughts of a Radiography Professor. 2016.